Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

I must have lost my mind....just a little :)

I know its been awhile since I have posted on this blog.  Some of you have been following my journey after our adoption over at www.radathome.blogspot.com. For those of you who are new I started this single foster parenting journey in 2009 as a single parent, was licensed in July of 2010, received my first placement of three boys two weeks later.  When they arrived they were 5, 21 months, and 7 weeks!  Talk about a wild ride :)  In May of 2011 their birth parents voluntarily relinquished on the first day of the TPR trial and the adoption was finalized in November of 2011.  Since then we have certainly had our fair share of ups and downs which you can read about over on my other blog.  Things have been fairly stable the last 9 months and I am really pleased with the growth my boys (and me!) have made over the last three years.   Which brings me to my crazy......we are doing it again!!!!! :) 
Last Friday we had the worker from our new agency out to talk about getting my foster license renewed.  I basically have to start from scratch since we moved to a new state, bummer!  BUT it looks like it wont take long, I should be done with the classes by the end of June and they complete the homestudy part concurrently.  The worker we met with said that they usually have more kids than homes available so he didn't think there would be a long wait for a placement once we got licensed.  The boys are excited, but I'm interested to see what happens when it becomes a reality.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm definitely wishing you luck and am rooting for you and the family! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...