Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Raising Cain and Abel

So this afternoon's training did not go as well as yesterdays. It was about raising boys, but didn't really tell me anything I didn't know. The craziest part was at the end during discussion a man stood up and told the trainer that this was basically the worst training he had ever been to! I mean it wasn't great but certainly wasn't that bad! The trainer was totally taken aback, rightfully so, and then others jumped on the bandwagon. Somehow it turned into a christian vs. non-christian parenting discussion....I don't know how that happened. I was totally ashamed and embarrassed to think that other Christians would behave this way. I understand that you (and me) are parenting with a certain worldview. However, this is a County training not a Church training and I think it is entitled to think that the training should be based around your worldview. My thought is always to listen to what is being said and take home what you can and what fits into your philosophy and worldview of parenting, but to demean others for not thinking your way....I just don't understand. Any other thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...